Depending on what kind of plugins the server administrators are running on the server you have the ability to type certain commands while playing the game that do different functions within the server.
For example on the customized Gate To Games Server you can type the below list of items to give you information in regards to configurations variables or special data based on your playing on that particular server.
The commands that you can use on the GTG server as as follows:
- !helpmenu - This brings up a special help menu with information for you to view as a player on the server.
- maprate - This brings up specific information for you to view regarding the servers map rate settings.
- maprating - This brings up a menu for you to rate the map currently being played.
- !die - This cause you to forefit your life or commit sucide.
- hlx - This brings up your player statistics for the servers that run the HlStatsX system.
- !achievement - This brings up information regarding your specific achievements towards the achievements on the server.
Most servers run plug-ins to help manage their servers and provide general options to their servers players. The two major plugins used for the mod are Source Mod & Mani Admin Mod. Each mod has their own set of in game commands that you can use to bring up information for the server you are playing on.
Both Mani Admin Mod & Source Mod utilize some of the same in game commands which you as a player might want to use. For your convenience a list of the common commands are listed below for your reference.
- votekick - This starts a vote to kick a specific player from the server if the server has the option enabled to allow public votes to kick players.
- voteban - This starts a vote to ban a specific player from the server if the server has the option enabled to allow public votes to ban players.
- votemap - This starts a vote to change the map from the current map to another map
- rtv - This starts a vote which queries the players on the server to determine if they want to conduct a vote to change the map.
- nominate - This nominates a specific map in regards to pending map vote started at the end of the round or due to a rtv vote being initiated.
It is important to note that depending on who is running the server there may be a server administration plugin besides the ones we listed above running on it. Thus it may have different commands available to players on it then what we listed above.
We recommend that you contact one of the server administrators of the server(s) you lay on and ask them what commands are available in game for players.
With that said though, if you are playing on a server running one of the normal server administrations plug-ins the basic commands listed above will most likely work for you to obtain basic information while playing on the server.